English English ptBR (ptBR) ptBR (ptBR)
View this site in another languageEnglish
Development
Extras
Register

Malay(Bahasa Melayu)

This is our main forum. Here, anything related to languages and linguistics can be discussed.

Moderators: Car, Luís, Johanna, Aurinĭa, Yserenhart, kibo, Global Moderators

Malay(Bahasa Melayu)

Postby fuadj on 2003-06-26, 8:47

Hi! I was wondering, are there any of you who speak or at least study Malay? There are not many sources on Malay here and I don't think there is a Malay course too. Are there any of you who are interested in learning Malay? If there are enough people, I might start a course.
Jangan tunggu lama-lama, nanti lama-lama, ia diambil orang.
fuadj

Postby Sou on 2003-06-26, 9:00

Count me in!
Sous l'ombre de Bouddha, je prends refuge.
Sous l'ombre de Dharma, je prends refuge.
Sous l'ombre de Sangha, je prends refuge.
Sou

Postby Lyle on 2003-06-26, 10:45

Selamat menyertai Unilang, Fuad :wink:
Saya ingin memulakan kursus Bahasa Melayu and Bahasa Cina di sini, tetapi disebabkan oleh pekerjaan saya, masa tidak diinzinkan. Saya harap anda dapat membantu mereka yang ingin belajar Bahasa Melayu di Unilang. Terima kasih atas sudian anda.

I guess it would be good for a native speaker of Malay to conduct a Malay course here.

Count Ron and E}{pug in too. They would be happy to join Hehehe

:wink:
天上的星星为何像人群一般地拥挤?
地上的人儿为何像星星一样地疏远?
Lyle

Postby Car on 2003-06-26, 11:01

Count me in! Malay is on my (very long :D ) list of languages I'd like to learn.
Car
Forum Administrator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby fuadj on 2003-06-26, 11:29

Terima Kasih kerana hendak mempelajari Bahasa Melayu. Saya akan memulakan kursus baru di forum bahasa tidak lama lagi.
fuadj

Postby stifven on 2003-06-26, 12:07

Selamat pagi fuadj!
Count me in also!!

Nama saya Stifven, tinggal di Filipinas. Apa kabar?

......I really dont speak Bahasa but since Tagalog and Bahasa belong to the same family.....I would be very glad to learn some Bahasa.
四海之内皆兄弟也。。。
stifven

Postby E}{pugnator on 2003-06-26, 15:18

As Lyle has already said, You Can Count Me In!!!!

I'm very excited with the idea of learning Malay!!! And also, I plan to have a malay course at Unilang...

I suggest you to use the Virtual School of Languages forum, i can set you as a moderator if you want so...Check how the other classes work (Japanese, Catalan) so that you can have an idea. You just have to go posting lessons, exercises, correcting people's messages and exercises and when we have a large content we can even publish it as a webpage. What do you think? Tell me if you want to start in the Virtual School of Languages Forum and I'll set you as a moderator so that you can post there. I can tell you Ron and I are interested, and Car will be answering all exercises, she just loves doing exercises over the forum threads...

There's a very well-known Malay course you can base in...

http://pgoh.free.fr/course.php3

Good luck,

Expug
Learning Georgian, Mandarin Chinese, Russian and Papiamentu from scratch. Trying to brush up my Norwegian up to an advanced level.
E}{pugnator
Chat Administrator

Location: BR Brazil (Brasil), Vitoria da Conquista (living in Belo Horizonte)

Postby Mara on 2003-06-26, 20:02

Although I may not become an active participant (too many other things to do, like reviewing Spanish for my job competition, and learning Dutch), I would still check from time to time the Virtual Class (as I do for other languages already). In my opinion, Fuadj, any new language resource is more than welcome in UniLang. So good luck! :)
Mara

Location: BE Belgium (België / Belgique), now: Brussels, BE (was: Alexandria, US)

Postby Car on 2003-06-26, 20:12

E}{pugnator wrote: and Car will be answering all exercises, she just loves doing exercises over the forum threads...

Yes, I do. Is there anything wrong with that?

Mara: I have lots of Dutch resources, if you want to, I can send you them (and yes, Expug, I'll really try to make them available for all UniLangers if I find the time).
Car
Forum Administrator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby fuadj on 2003-06-28, 3:35

Stifven, I read that you speak Tagalog. I have always wanted to speak Tagalog so that I can communicate with the many Filipinos that reside in Singapore. Can you help me with this?
fuadj

Postby stifven on 2003-06-28, 11:18

Sure fuadj! I will be glad to teach you Tagalog. Last time Ive been to Singapore....Ive seen so many Filipinos at the Lucky Star. :lol: Since our languages are from the same root, it wouldn't be hard for you to learn Tagalog and me Bahasa.
Until laters!

Some common Tagalog expressions:
* Kumusta = hello
* Magandang umaga/hapon/gabi = good morning/afternoon/evening
* Salamat = thanks
* Bye/adiyos/paalam = good bye
* Magkano? = how much?
* Oo/Hindi = Yes/No
* Gusto ko ito. = I want this.

8)
四海之内皆兄弟也。。。
stifven